18. Januar 2020

HP LaserJet installation

I’ve spent hours – every time! – to install the software for Wi-Fi-based black and white “HP LaserJet” printers. I have two of them in different locations, so as to use the same cartridges. As operating system I (still) use Windows 7.
   Both posts are german:
• HP-Drahtlosdrucker anschließen from 1.4.2019 with so far 52 views (as of 18.1.2020)
• Mist HP LaserJet P1102w from 15.9.2017 with so far 207 views (as of 18.1.2020)
  (finally using the WPS button). »Mist« means “crap”; I was angry.

Todays experience:
   Symptoms:
· Wrong local IP address
· No driver, or no driver found
· Simply not printing
Cure:
• Get the installation software from, for example: j.mp/fj2RnCyNK =
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-p1102-printer-series/4110394/model/4110306 
• Use the original installation software from the self extracting tool
name: HP LaserJet Pro P1100, P1560, P1600 Series Full Feature Software and Driver
version as of January 2020: v20180815, 157.1 MByte from December 9, 2019
   I used an older
hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20120831-50157036_SMO.exe 147 MByte

Good luck! Once it runs the low cost black and white laser printer prints fast, prints a long time with the same cartridge, and may rest unattended for long periods, there is no ink that dries and stops jetting, forever – despite the misnomer laser-jet. This printer is engine driven, no jet.

• Tipp: Print a blank page to test – uses least paper!

Permalink to this post j.mp/fj377DUmE
  = https://blogabissl.blogspot.com/2020/01/hplaserjet-installation.html

PS. Don’t e-mail short links. The mail system might block the message. Use only long links in mail.
Besucherzaehler

Keine Kommentare: